From start-up businesses to long established organisations, we can provide you with input and support to help your organisation grow successfully. Alongside NED services we can offer Executive Coaching of Board members. Together, this provides independent input and scrutiny and helps your executives grow through Coaching. If payments are relevant then we can also act as Subject Matter Experts to benefit your income flow.
This combination makes us different from most NEDs and Coaches. A difference which we believe can only be beneficial to you and your company.
Independent and objective input at board level is increasingly seen as beneficial to a company, whatever it's size. A Non-Executive Director can provide strategic advice to the executives, help scrutinise the performance of the business and ensure governance requirements are met. The ability to step back from the day-to-day activities of the company actively supports the board in taking the company forward. A NED asking the right questions of the board members and positively challenging potential decisions can bring pertinent concerns to the forefront of a busy executive team, so that they can be addressed.
We keep up to date on Companies Act requirements including Governance and Risk Management. We also strongly believe in ESG (environmental, social and corporate governance) and ECG (Economy for the Common Good).
Our history of working with startups and established SMEs - in both NED and Executive roles - provides a strength and depth of experience we can bring to our clients and their organisations. The ability to also bring executive coaching and / or payments expertise to the table helps broaden the services and support we can offer you to help you take your company where you want it to be.
Typical functions we would carry out as a NED include:
- Monitor the performance of the company
- Develop the strategy of the company in conjunction with the other company directors (both Exec and Non-Exec)
- Verify the integrity / accuracy of financial data and reports
- Take an active role in risk management and validate the effectiveness / robustness of systems, controls and processes
- Analyse management performance against agreed objectives and targets
- Be involved in succession planning; directors' level of remuneration; appointing and removing executive directors
If you think we could help you and/or your organisation, please contact us or phone on +44 (0)131 618 9992